We all will be spending a considerable amount of time at home for the foreseeable future… so what’s actually worth streaming right now? Let’s not even get started on the numerous streaming platforms that are available nowadays, otherwise we’d be here all day. For the purpose of this blog post, I will only use the three streaming services I currently have which are Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+. The following lists are not in any particular order just some of my all-time favourites.
Netflix- Top 5:
- Gilmore Girls: Okay this one is a classic! I usually have this on in the background the majority of the day. I mean who else loves to see the coffee-fueled, fast-talking, junk food-loving mother and daughter duo… Lorelai and Rory Gilmore.
- The Crown: I binge this show every time a new season is released. From what it seems like, most of the show is based on true historical evidence with some dramatization of the plot. I think season 3 will be great given that they will introduce Princess Diana (if you know me, you know she is my icon) into the story.
- Narcos-Mexico: This is a recent find! I watched both seasons in 2 weeks and it was so interesting. Huge disclaimer that it has a lot of explicit language, (obvi) drug content, and straight up violence. I also recommend watching this on either a laptop screen you are fully engaged in or a big screen where you can read subtitles as well. This show requires a lot of attention, but quite excellently portrayed.
- Tiger King: Hey all you cool cats and kittens! Unless you’ve been living under a rock, I’m sure you’ve heard about the show Tiger King. I binged the show in 2 days and had no idea what I was in for. If you are looking for a quick and “out-there” type series, check this one out. Oh also, Carol Baskin did it- nuff said.
- Love is Blind: Still just as crazy to watch but I oddly liked the show way more than I thought I would. The concept of a social experiment to find a life partner is really interesting. Can’t wait to see the 2nd season which Netflix recently confirmed it will start filming.
On my list to watch next on Netflix: Lucifer, Peaky Blinders, Outer Banks, and El Chapo
Hulu – Top 5:
- Ugly Betty: This show is an oldy but goody! I remember watching bits and pieces of this show quite a few years ago but I decided to rewatch it about a year ago and it was one of the best decisions I could’ve made. So much drama and fashion… never is a bore either.
- Love Island (UK): During my time living in England, I grew attached to this show! At the time, it had just released so I watched seasons 1 and 2. This is basically a smash up of The Bachelor and a bit of The Jersey Shore sprinkled with British accents. Y’all have to watch this!! You won’t regret it.
- Cults & Extreme Beliefs: I can’t quite remember who recommended this show to me but whoever it is, I need to thank them 10000 times over. It’s a documentary series that dedicates an episode to one particular group with a moderator. Then at the end of the series, they all reconvene and talk through their various situations. I cannot recommend this series enough- I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- The Bachelor/The Bachelorette: While current production for future seasons are on hold because of coronavirus, the past seasons have been pretty entertaining. I started watching this show back when Chris was the Bachelor and he was a farmer somewhere from the Midwest. I think the best season was either Colton or Hannah’s. I’ve been told the earlier seasons of this show are better though so I might start from the beginning. Plus, Chris Harrison is the REAL star of the show.
- The Handmaid’s Tale: I started this show a year ago and haven’t quite gotten up to the current season yet. I was only able to watch an episode every day or so because it was a lot to ingest but I intend to pick back up with season 2 this coming week. Let’s try not to draw any parallels between the show and our current situation so we don’t go crazy.
On my list to watch next on Hulu: Life of Kylie, Dave, and Love Island: Australia
Disney+ – Top 5:
- Princess Diaries: Does this one really need an explanation? I mean come on, this is one of the best movies ever! Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway, yes please!
- The Parent Trap: You can find me reliving my childhood while watching this movie. I never went to a summer camp growing up but I always dreamed of attending one and possibly finding my long lost twin sister.
- Aladdin: Surprisingly, I really like the newest version of Aladdin. I didn’t think I would- stubbornly, I didn’t want to like it as much as I did because I felt like it couldn’t have been as good as the original cartoon. I’m glad I was wrong though, I will happily watch this movie throughout the week! I love the all of the fantastic colours in the dancing scenes, the humour (Will Smith DUH), and the songs that were included.
- Mulan: “I’ll make a man out of you…” is the best song for me to have on in the background while cleaning my room HA. This movie never gets old to me, plus the strength that Mulan portrays in the movie is an instant draw in for me.
- Lizzie McGuire: Yes, I do enjoy re-living the early 2000’s by watching this show! Did anyone else think there were endless seasons of this show too? Absolutely love Lizzie McGuire and fully intend to rewatch constantly.
On my list to watch next on Disney+: Onward, Avengers: Endgame, Be Our Chef
Now that we are all confined to our house (and most likely will be staying put for quite a few months), it’s the perfect time to start some new shows that you’ve had your eye on. While I don’t recommend just sitting in front of the TV aimlessly, watching a few episodes every now and then is a good distraction from all the news that is going around right now. If you have any good show/movie suggestions, please feel free to let me know. I’m always looking to add more on to my list. Happy Streaming!
#blogger #blog #ontheblog #ontheblogtoday #bloggergetssocial #bloggerlife #newblogpost #bloggingtips #lifestyle #liveyourlife #loveyourlife #coronavirus #hope #grateful #shows #streaming #netflix #hulu #disney+ #movies #news